Monday, April 14, 2008

Update - Weekend Hunt

Well I have to say that by and large my hunt was a bust! Now don't get me wrong, there were some good choices out there, but none that were the embodiment of the summer fragrance I have been dreaming of.

My favorite of the bunch I tried was Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique Summer. As you can see from the pic, the bottle is super cool but to my nose it was just a lighter version of Classique and not really different.

So what am I looking for you ask? Words really fail me here but I want something slightly green without being sharp, fruity without being sugary sweet and something with that coolness of the best marine accords AND I want the darn thing to have staying power!

Staying power being my chief complaint about summer fragrance...it doesn't have any...zilch!

So dear readers, my search continues. Just last night I was watching a travel show about the south of France and how french women treat finding the right fragrance as a very personal and worthwhile goal. Perhaps I am a little french!

I will report further on my hunt with a trip to Barneys New York looming in my future. Wish me luck!

No comments: