Friday, April 25, 2008

Top 10 Highlighters - #10 MAC Dazzlelight Veluxe Pearl Shadow

Dazzlelight, how do I love you, let me count the ways. I love you for making the inner corners of my eyes look amazing. I love you for the polished glow you give my brow bone. I love you for being the perfect shade of gold and silver glow. Most of all I love you for making me look extra pretty.

Yes dear readers it's true. I love me some MAC Dazzlelight shadow. If they ever discontinue this shade I will buy in bulk as many as I can get my hands on and carefully store them to last my lifetime.

In the interests of full disclosure I had purchased this shadow and then put it away without ever really trying it for highlighting purposes. After reading Carmindy's 5 Minute Face book I went looking for a pale yellow-gold shade since I am very fair and thought it would do the job best. I had a heck of time.....most things were too warm or too gold or too pink or too shiny and just not what I had in mind!

For some reason I decided to consult my own makeup tower (it is organized by color family with labels...sick I know) in the hope that a treasure was hiding out. I discovered this shadow and was forever changed.

I use a #213 MAC brush and sweep this under my brow and swirl a bit on the inner corner of my eye. It instantly makes my brow line look crisp and cleans up any shadow drop from applying brow color.

It is perfection and I use it EVERYDAY. If you met me walking down the street and asked what I had on the inner corner to alleviate that dark shadow or along my brow for polished perfection, I would happily sing, DAZZLELIGHT!

This concludes my Top 10 Highlighters list and I hope it has provided some inspiration and products to try. Highlighter or luminizer or whatever you want to call it is a product that you should have in your arsenal. As we get older or just don't get enough sleep, that luster and glow vanishes and we look tired and older than we are. With a little help from our pal highlighter this is a thing of the past.

There are so many formulas from powder to liquid that you are sure to find one you like. A little luminizing click pen in your purse is a godsend when you want to hit happy hour but look bedraggled.

Seek out your highlighter my friends and look better for it!

No comments: