Thursday, April 10, 2008

John Varvatos Women

I am on the hunt for a spring/summer scent and after reading about John Varvatos' new fragrance for women I decided to give it a try.

Pretty. That is the word that came to mind as I walked around Saks Fifth Avenue smelling the spritz on my wrist and I don't mean that in a trite way. This perfume starts out floral and slightly fruity to my nose and drys down soft and with just a touch of spice.

I am so used to wearing spicy, slightly heavy scents that it is always hard for me to evaluate lighter more floral scents without comparing them to my favorites.

In the interests of full disclosure I do not usually go for florals especially if they are are super sweet.

At the end of day, as I write this, this scent is pleasing. It is not as complicated as the spice heavy fragrances I lean towards but it is not a teenager's confection either. Fruity and lush without too much sugar. As I said...pretty. Go to Saks and give it a sniff!

No comments: