Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Top 10 Highlighters - #8 Laura Mercier Secret Brightener













Secret Brightener and Secret Brightening Powder are a dream team. As part of Laura Mercier's Flawless Face they are real standouts. My main complaint with a lot of highlighter is that it's too darn shiny! This may seem counter intuitive for something called highlighter, but the best of these products are not shiny at all but are glow-y instead.

The Secret Brighter ($30) pen comes in 2 shades for lighter and darker skin tones. It does not provide coverage but instead attracts light to create an optical illusion. The pink-ish liquid helps to minimizes fine lines making the eye area look fresh and awake!

Secret Brightening Powder ($22) is a bit of an addiction for me. The intended use is to set the fluid product and help it wear throughout the day. Even when I don't want to fuss with any liquid highlighter a quick swipe of this powder wherever I see shadow brings a boost of light. 3

Mind you the powders effect is subtle and the very white color can seem bit scary, but I assure you that it is magic. When I forget to finish my makeup routine with this I notice, usually under gross fluorescent lighting.

No comments: