Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Top 10 Highlighters - #5 YSL Touche Eclat

Touche Eclat is my mom's hands down favorite highlighter. The main reasons for this are it is effortless to blend, can be applied right over makeup and can be used throughout the day without building up or looking cakey. You may be skeptical but it's true.

Most people know about Touche Eclat...it's one of those products that has been around a long time and I think sometimes we forget there is a reason for it's longevity.

I use shade #2 Luminous Ivory and finds that this works on most skin tones except darker complexions. It is the most yellow based of the 4 so it works to reduce redness and the dark circles around eyes.

YSL is available at Nordstrom and most upper end department stores. Touche Eclat comes in 4 shades and is $40. It is a bit more expensive than some of the highlighters I am putting in the top 10 but I do think it is money well spent. My reasoning is this.....it is a liquid brush on pen and has never spilled in my purse. Plus you can truly reapply throughout the day and get an instant lift and the stuff doesn't settle into fine lines or buildup. This is truly the wonder and genius of good cosmetics, a phenomenon I can't explain.

No comments: