Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mally Beauty

I have a tough time buying makeup without getting my paws on it first. A prime example is Mally Beauty. I have seen Mally Roncal on QVC a few times and always want to try out her line but hesitate and don't order. So when I went to NYC in February I headed straight for Henri Bendel so I could test this line out.

First off, Henri Bendel's cosmetic department is heaven on earth. I could have spent days in there but was focused on seeing if this line lived up to my expectations.


In two words....it did! I could have spent the better part of a day just playing with this line but alas I only had about an hour and I used every last minute. Mally Roncal is famous for some of her celebrity clients and also her infectious attitude about makeup and wanting every woman to look her best. Don't take my word for it...catch on her QVC and see for yourself!


I purchased the two shadows pictured which are Natural (on left) and Taupe (on right). Both are easy and foolproof shades for daytime wear. I often use Taupe all over my lid and blend Natural into the crease. I am not a morning person and makeup applied in the morning can not be elaborate or take master blending....I leave that for night time.


Taupe is a cool sandy taupe that is super neutral and I can not imagine the person it wouldn't look good on.


Natural is a pinky shade that is not garish or bubblegum. It just makes you look awake and refreshed but not very pink. I don't understand the magic of that one but I am alright with that.


Mally Beauty also has City Chick Smokey Eye Kit ($39.50) in 6 different color combos that all come with 3 shadows and a shadow base. I use the 2 lightest shadow shades in any set for day and save the darkest for night.


I don't think you can go wrong with the return policy either. QVC gives 30 days to try and return if you aren't satisfied but I am happy to report that I won't be returning any of the shadows I purchased.

No comments: