Monday, April 28, 2008

MAC Naughty Nautical Event

This is a great collection....there is something here for everyone.

Naughty Nautical is not a traditional summer collection. There is not a bronze or gold shade to be found amongst the products with the exception of the Skinsheen leg sprays. Nontraditional is okay by me because I am not a sun worshiper and like alternative summer colors that set off my paler complexion.

MAC Hillsdale's pre-release event Sunday night was great fun with 2 hunky sailor boys bearing trays of drinks and nibbles and a sailor girl luxuriating in all her red lipstick and marine blue eyeshadow glory. I always have a great time when I can talk to the artists and get little tips, finding out which products from the collection they are really liking. So without further ado here is what I brought home:

Eyeshadows in Shore Leave (shimmery slightly pink champagne), Illegal Cargo (frosted gray lavender), and Meet The Fleet (matte indigo).

Lipstick in Party Mate is a sheer mid-tone raspberry rose. Think Kool-Aid stained lips.

Brush 239 is a medium paddle with a soft rounded tip. Perfect for lid application that requires both precision and blending.

Now don't get me wrong I could have bankrupted myself and purchased the entire collection. I fought the temptation to just say "One of each!", but there is only so much makeup I can buy each season and not feel like I am spending the equivalent of a small countries annual budget.

Go see Naughty Nautical on May 1st....as usual, MAC gets it right and I worship them for it!

No comments: