Friday, May 16, 2008

Mineral Makeup - Friend or Foe Part 3

Jane Iredale was the third mineral powder that I test drove and this one really took a beating because I was on my way to the gym after applying it.

It's a major plus that this powder is available loose or pressed. The pressed version really cut down on the mess factor and is of course super portable. I got light to medium coverage with this and was able to cover a blemish with a small concealer brush.

Jane Iredale's powder is a nice blend of coverage while looking sheer and with 24 shades to pick from it rivaled MAC or Prescriptives for color choice. I used the powder in the Amber shade which was a good match with a few others coming close as well. The shades are pretty forgiving.

The Handi Brush is a flat and slightly fluffy brush that made application and buffing the minerals a breeze. It is worth it to consider this brush if you don't already have a favorite for applying mineral foundation.

This line is free of talc, parabens and bismuth which can all cause problems for some, so it is a great option if you have had trouble with other powders.

As for the minerals gym performance...it did better than I expected. It looked natural and did well through my sweaty weight session and stair climbing activity.

I found this line at Elephant Pharmacy which is a local natural products pharmacy and if you live in the SF Bay area is a must visit. The cosmetics section alone will keep you enthralled for hours.

Up next.....Hourglass Oxygen Powder Foundation.

No comments: