Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Allure - Bright Pink Cheeks

If I have failed to mention before let me say now....Allure is my favorite magazine. How could I not adore a magazine devoted to beauty.

This month the "Look Now" are bright pink cheeks and I nearly jumped off the couch shouting Hooray!

I am a big fan of bright cheek colors for a lot of reasons, chief among them that a bright color offers versatility. Scary blush colors in the pan can be blended back for a sheer wash or layered on to doll-like circles of color....the point is the choice is yours.

I avoid super natural cheek colors because no matter how much I put on there is only so much color payoff to be had. Some mornings I wake up and look half dead, but a bright blush color does wonders to make me look like a member of the living.

Allure recommends Smashbox blush in Radiance, a bright fuchsia.

I recommend the following:

Shu Uemura: Glow On Wine #29 is a wine pink shade

MAC: Dollymix is a sheer candy pink

Nars: Outlaw is rose pink with shimmer

Bobbi Brown: French Pink is matte blue pink

A little goes a long way with any of these colors but that is the beauty of them. To complete the look that Allure mentions I use a little Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance along the cheek bone and Voila! spring cheeks are born.

No comments: