Friday, June 27, 2008

Hand Lotion Hoarding

I have talked about my lotion hoarding tendencies in the past. I am not sure why I hoard lotions because I am normally ruthless. If a beauty item does not perform the way I want, I offer it to a friend or trash it immediately!

Maybe the problems roots lie in the fact that on different days or even the time of day, the perfect lotion is different. For instance, in the morning and during the day I want a lotion that absorbs quickly and is mildly scented. This is especially true when it comes to hand lotions...let's face it, work is impossible with slicker than slick hands

But at night my requirements change and I want heavier creams that feel like a pampering treat. I have been known to use my favorite antioxidant serums for my face on my hands at night! Plus a pleasing fragrance feels luxurious at night and doesn't have to compete with perfume I am wearing during the day.

That said my bedside table sees Aveda Hand Relief, various Curel lotions and all manner of body butters in heavy rotation.

Aveda Hand Relief ($18.50) is a rich hydrator with Vitamins A & E that makes my hands feel soft and cared for but absorbs quickly.

Curel is a staple in my house. I buy Hand & Cuticle Cream (a tube is always on my office desk), any of the Moisture Lotions and the new First Signs of Aging lotions all the time. Curel is my fav of the drugstore lotion lines.

Body Butters are what I turn to most at night for their high concentrations of shea and cocoa butters. I love the feeling of lubing my skin up with these super heroes of moisture and like the results in the morning even better. My go to butters are Body Shop, L'Occitane, and Bliss. I do love a pleasing fragrance but Bliss' unscented Body Butter is my choice on the rare occasion I don't.

I hope this gives you some good ideas no matter what your price range. After reading Ji Baek's, Rescue Your Nails book, I feel a bit better about my lotion hoarding. She does say that constant and consistent moisturizing is the key to pretty paws!

No comments: