Monday, June 23, 2008

Gym Beauty

I don't like going to gym and regard it as a necessary evil. I have come to accept that regular exercise must be a part of my life but grumble and gripe every time. With that said nothing horrifies me more than facing the gym's mirrors, red faced and sweating, with that awful fluorescent lighting that makes everyone look half dead.

On the other hand the women who show up to my gym with full makeup on and seem to avoid breaking a sweat to keep their makeup intact are equally ridiculous looking. So in the interests of full disclosure I do have a few products that I swipe on before heading to my date with the stair climber.

Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon is my favorite stain for lips and cheeks that gives sheer color without having to worry about lipstick smudges.

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 15 is next. I sweep a dusting of powder all over to help even out my complexion and make those glances of myself in the gym mirror less scary. The real benefit of mineral makeup when sweating is it tends to be water resistant and holds up pretty well to my grueling hour in hell, I mean the gym.

Max Factor Clear Mascara is my favorite brow gel. The stuff has great hold and keeps my brows groomed and polished.

Max Factor Volume Couture Mascara is my choice for everyday mascara. It really builds nice volume on my tiny lashes and pulls my gym face together without looking like I got all dolled up just to go to the gym.

I just know that I am not the only one to take these sort of pride preserving measures before marching off to 24 Hour Fitness, right?

No comments: