Friday, August 1, 2008

Bare Escentuals - Prep Kit

I am just going to get this out of the way and say upfront, I don't like 99% of the face primers out there. Most primers I have tried are slippery and don't absorb into my skin. Instead my makeup just slides around on my face rather than adhering and giving the flawless results others rave about. The one real exception to this rule has been Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion which is acknowledged the world over for giving you eyelid heaven!

BE's little Prep Kit ($18) has small sizes of both the Prime Time for Face and Prime Time for Eyelids that would be perfect for travel or just to try these products out. Prime Time for Face is the only primer I have been able to use successfully and the gel texture made me happy. My foundation stayed put and lasted and in general did what primers are supposed to do....this result has just eluded me until now.

Prime Time for Eyelids is very similar to Urban Decay's except the texture is thicker and the delivery in my mind is superior. BE's is a click pen when buying the full size, that ensures you get all the product out of the container while Urban Decay's is a cute and curvy genie shaped tube. Cute as it may be, it also makes getting to some of the product impossible.

No comments: