Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PTR Uber-Dry SPF 30

As you may have figured out by now I am religious about sunscreen. I have always worn SPF 15 daily, rain or shine. But lately I have been reading that SPF 30 is really where its at. The reasons being that most people rarely apply the amount that is needed to get the full amount of protection and the SPF ingredients can be more volatile and not last as long as previously thought.

Lots of companies are marketing Helioplex or similar ingredients that are supposed to stabilize UVA ingredients but most dermatologists still recommend at least a SPF 30 if you will be outdoors for any length of time.

With that said, my oily skin doesn't make friends with most products over SPF 15. My derm said that the higher levels of SPF aren't as easy to produce light weightless lotions and gels with, hence my frustration.

Then I discovered Peter Thomas Roth's Uber-Dry SPF 30! Wow does this ever live up to its name! This lotion is not greasy at all and after it blends into skin you hardly know its there. It does a fine job under makeup and with antioxidants in there as well, this oily skinned gal thought she had died and gone to sunscreen heaven!

At $26 for a 4 ounce bottle this is a steal in my opinion. So if you have truly oily skin or find that your skin acts like it in the hotter months you should check out Uber-Dry.

No comments: