Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chantecaille Lip Chic

I have mentioned my great love of Chantecaille before and also indicated the prices of some items keep me from purchasing more. Chantecaille is an upscale line and while I can't speak for the skincare, the color portion lives up to the reputation.

Lip Chic is somewhere between a lipstick and gloss. The formula delivers shiny translucent color that is super fresh looking.

My problem with formulations like these are that generally they don't have enough color payoff and what they do have pulls a disappearing act. Not so with Lip Chic which wears beautifully and feels smooth on your lips.

Lip Chic is $30 and I have a relationship with Zinnia as a shade. Zinnia is a bright pink slightly coral shade that never goes orange on me.

If you just can't bear to part with the $30 bucks then the runner up for this category is MAC's Slimshine for $14.50. Slimshine has a great variety of colors but doesn't have quite as much staying power.

You can find Chantecaille at Neiman Marcus.

No comments: