Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils

There are lots of long wearing pencils out there and I have even written about Makeup Forever's Aqua Eyes. I still love MUFE's pencils but if I am telling the truth Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils have raised the bar.

These pencils are $16 and there are 15 shades to choose from but that isn't really what grabbed me. I had swatched a few on my hand because I am looking for a good white pencil for the inner rim that won't move. Yeyo is a metallic white that I was impressed with but the real test came when I went to one of the handy tester bars at Sephora and tried to remove the pencil.

Here's the deal....the dang stuff was glued to my hand. Tissue rubbed across the pencil was a miserable failure at removal so I stepped up my attack and used makeup remover. No dice on the first go around but after some concerted effort I was able to scrub it off.

Now I know that some of you may be saying, well gee I don't want to have to employ a sand blaster to remove my eye liner but for those with oilier lids where everything smudges or disappears, this is a gift from heaven!

I picked up Yeyo and Zero which is a flat black and Rockstar a deep shimmery purple. I just don't know how to convey my excitement over these pencils. I have lusted after MAC's Kohl Power but I have to perform some serious circus tricks to keep those dang things on. It starts with a good base, a paint pot, and a matching shadow or pigment layered over the Kohl Power pencil to keep it on my eye and not look like a raccoon.

Urban Decay has a serious winner in 24/7 and as if all the aforementioned reasons weren't enough, the dang thing glides on like a dream!

No comments: