Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara

I am sorry if you are sick of my mascara adventure. I have already admitted to being a mascara tramp and honestly I don't think I can help myself. As you may remember I am a huge Chanel Inimitable fan. That brush just separates the heck out my lashes and while I do have to work a bit for volume I don't mind.

So when Chanel decided to add to it's mascara offering it was only a matter of time before I gave this new edition a whirl. I broke down and ponied up the $30 bucks for this new fangled 6 sided brush and hoped for the best. Nordstrom does after all have a very good return policy so I figured if the stuff just sucked, then back it would go.

The long and short of it, I am glad I kept my receipt. The brush was frustrating and I got neither the volume or separation I was hoping for. The SA who helped me said that this was an improvement on Inimitable because I would get more volume and I completely disagree.

I found it very hard to get volume or length and the brush was just a pain in the rear. For $30 clams I expect a damn fine mascara and this just didn't deliver.

I do love Inimitable and highly recommend it but Exceptionnel does not get that endorsement. Save your money on this one and pick up Inimitable or Max Factor Volume Couture...you will be much happier.

No comments: