Monday, September 15, 2008

MAC Slimshine

I wish I was creative enough to write a poem or perhaps an ode to Slimshine, maybe a haiku! Alas I am not that poetic and my ode would end up being cringe worthy and would not properly convey my love of Slimshine.

MAC made a winner when it conceived of Slimshine and at $14.50 you can buy an array of colors to suit your fancy. Slimshine should be in every makeup junkies arsenal of cosmetic goodies and I can tell you it is a staple in mine.

Slimshine earns its beloved status because it is a lipstick/gloss hybrid that makes me giddy. You get the best of both worlds...sheer and shiny glossiness coupled with lipstick color payoff and no goopy feel. I am obsessive about this type of lip product because few things look as fresh as translucent shiny color....it just defines pretty.

My favorite Slimshines are:

Grenadine - creamy deep blue red
Long Stem Rose - baby pink with gold pearl
Most Wanted - berry red with gold shimmer
By Degrees - pinky brown
Tropic Glow - blue pink with silver shimmer
Rock Out - bright blue pink with gold shimmer

Rock Out and Most Wanted are the shades I use most and I mix Grenadine with just about any color to brighten it up.

No comments: