Friday, September 26, 2008

Hunting for MAC Treasure

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have access to a lot of MAC stores including a Pro store in San Francisco as well as numerous department store locations. Getting my MAC fix is pretty easy and when new collections hit I can get my paws on all the stuff I want. I realize that many folks don't have it so good so I don't mean to gloat.

Every once in a while a collection comes out and it just doesn't knock my socks off or there is a sleeper hit that I originally pass on and by the time I go looking they are long gone. After some hunting I have found 2 sources in my neck of the woods that seem to have a whole treasure trove of MAC goodies.

MAC on Burlingame Avenue and the MAC counter inside Bloomingdales at the Stanford Shopping Center.

For instance, the Bloomies MAC counter still has Heatherette, Fafi, Cool Heat, Sonic Chic, and Mineralize shadow duos. Plus they have all kinds of random pigments from collections past. MAC Burlingame is much the same but not quite as much stuff lasts there. The key is that both locations are not super busy and therefore don't sell out of stuff as quickly or at all.

So my friends if you are looking for something and just can't sleuth it out try one of these places and you just might find your treasure!

MAC Burlingame 650-340-0525

Bloomingdales Stanford 650-463-2000

No comments: