Monday, September 29, 2008

MAC - Overrich


Happy Monday! I forgot to post this and realize that most of these pigments are sold out but you can find them if you look and online is always a good option at MAC.

Calling all pigment fans....get along to the local MAC store and get yourself some of the 8 limited edition pigments before they are gone...or get all of them.

Here's the thing, pigments aren't cheap at $20 a jar, but they do last a LONG time and are so versatile. They can be used for eyeshadow, lipcolor, nail polish, blush, highlighter, etc. depending on the shade. Truly I love them.

Now I will say this, a good base is needed for pigments to be at their best and adhere to the eyelid with good color payoff. But that my friends is not a reason to avoid pigments, just get a good base! My suggestions for oily lids are Urban Decay Primer Potion or MAC Paint Pots. For normal to dry lids Too Faced Shadow Insurance or MAC Cream Color Base. I am in the oily category and so Paint Pots are my weapon of choice to get good color payoff and prevent fading and creasing.

I also find that pigments are easier to work with depending on the brush you choose. I love MAC's #239 which is a small shader for applying pigment to the lids and #217 if I am blending. Also the smaller #242 is an excellent all around option for using pigment wet or dry. Tapping off excess pigment is key or you may end up with Rocky Balboa type fallout under your eyes.

But really who cares about all this tech talk, on to the colors!

Blonde's Gold - Light tan with gold/white pearl
Heritage Rose - Burgundy with red/brown pearl
Copperbeam - Rusted brown with red pearl
Vintage Gold - Tarnished green with gold pearl
Antique Green - Turquiose green with green pearl
Museum Bronze - Rich taupe with gold pearl
Mega-Rich - Burnt orange with gold pearl
Mauvement - Mauve taupe with gold pearl

I won't lie, I bought 7 of the 8. Only Mega-Rich didn't make the cut. Mega-Rich is very orange for my fair skin and Copperbeam was prettier in my opinion.

While pigment may take a bit of practice and patience to work with you will be rewarded with color payoff that is out of this world!

No comments: