Saturday, March 15, 2008

Why a blog?


As the blog name suggests I LOVE MAKEUP. I love shopping for it, reading about it, applying it, and chatting with my friends about it. I have traveled to major cities just to shop for makeup. My most vivid memory of my mother when I was a child was watching her apply makeup and wondering when I could get my paws on all those shiny cases of beauty magic!

Recently I took an online poll for Allure magazine that was asking all sorts of questions about today's changing economy and what you considered a luxury. For instance, did you consider makeup a luxury that you would cut back on or was food negotiable to keep your beauty budget intact?

Well needless to say I am pretty sure Allure would like to refer me to some sort of 12 step program after I submitted my responses to this poll.

A blog seemed to make sense in light of this and so I figure that by sharing my love of makeup maybe that would help to mitigate the imbalance in my budget. Plus, I could yammer on about all things beauty related and give my poor friends a break!

With that said I would like to start my blog by posting about the workhorses in my makeup collection. Too often I overlook these beauty soldiers and grow complacent since they perform everyday, without complaint, beautifully.

The first step in my makeup routine is sunscreen. My search for a sunscreen that would not make my oily skin mad and my foundation feel like a mask was long and hard. I tried everything I could get my hands on that claimed it would be friendly with oily skin and not cause my face to look like a solar reflector of shine within an hour. I failed many times, suffering breakouts of teenage proportions and used dozens of my favorite Shisedo blotting papers to try and eliminate the oil slick that would take over by midday. So it is with great pleasure that I present Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Daily Mattifying SPF 15!

Okay I realize that sunscreen may not seem like a glamorous choice for a first blog, but without sunscreen we will all look like hags a lot faster so it ranks high for this makeup junkie! This sunscreen does exactly what it says it does. It provides light hydration with uva/uvb protection, all the while using silica to control shine. With my shine prone skin I couldn't ask for more and at $18.95 for 2 oz my wallet breathes a sigh of relief.

This and a great many other worthy products are available here:

http://cosmeticscop.com/

Next in my diary will be my favorite foundations and yes I have more than one!

No comments: