Monday, March 17, 2008

1st Annual Makeup O-wards


I was on my way back from Chicago and was on the plane with the April 2008 issue of O magazine to keep me company. In this issue O presented their 1st annual Makeup O-wards. YSL's spring line with the super cute Pop Stick Blush is featured on the first page, but it was the next page that really caught my eye. Winner #6 is the new Cle de Peau Extra Silky Lipstick ($50) which I have in shade# 104, which is a lovely creamy pinky brown shade with a glossy finish.

However Winner# 10 had me on the hunt! Featured was a new Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bonbon ($22) that looked promising. Now in the interests of full disclosure I have not been a fan of Laura Mercier gloss in the past. It was sticky and smelled intensely of plastic, although the colors were always so nice I tried my very best to get past it. Not so much.

I am very happy to report that the new gloss (which is currently a Nordstrom exclusive) is much improved! The plastic stink has been replaced by a sweet vanilla fragrance and the stickiness is gone. According to the sales person shea butter has been added for moisturizing benefits and well, I was sold! (it doesn't take much)

Rose is my favorite shade, all rosy lipgloss glory, with Baby Doll (clear light pink) being a close second. The Bonbon shade mentioned in "O" is very nice but a little too peach for me, although I think it's a great spring shade. The rest of the new Laura Mercier Dreamy collection is worth a look as well. Next up from Laura Mercier will be the Gold Digger collection that word has it will be more dramatic, whereas Dreamy is springy and naturally flattering.

I think that the official gift of spring should be a new lip gloss (or 12) and these O-Wards point in the right direction!

No comments: