Thursday, March 20, 2008

CK Beauty is CK-licious

Oh the excitement, oh the joy! I went to visit Sephora today and was just thrilled down to my tip toes! They FINALLY had a few collections I had been waiting to see in person, chief among them was CK Beauty. Now I have taken a gander at the line on the Sephora website, but I am not good with purchasing makeup on the Internet sight unseen and smeared across my hand, face, etc. I need to be able to feel the texture of shadows, see the opacity of a lipgloss, and well darn it the shopping and testing is half the fun!

CK, I am happy to report, did not disappoint. I LOVED the gloss selection in the CK line. The colors were great (lots of pink) and the texture was not sticky. I immediately put on Flair in the Sheer Plumping Gloss and it was a dream. It was the perfect balance of pink and brown with slight shimmer and transparency. First Date which is a bright pink in the Delicious Light collection was young and fresh without looking bubblegum. I was so busy smearing all available body surfaces with gloss that I had to force myself to look at the rest of the line, which is a ringing endorsement in my mind.

The blush, all 6 of them, were great. I, of course, gravitate towards that illusive perfect pinky-brown color, but there were other options, I promise. Foolish and Skin were both warm and lovely.

I tested both concealer options, one on each eye, and the winner for me was the Endless Light Brightening Concealer. I love concealer that has a brush on applicator mainly because I feel they are easier to work with. This pen had good coverage without highlighting every fine line in sight and had a subtle brightening effect that was easy on my peepers.

Hopefully there is a Sephora near you carrying this glossy fun and if not then break down and check out the website. The glosses were all so good, really you can't go wrong!

No comments: