Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Heart Kiehl's

Hello All! I am sure that everyone has heard of Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 but just in case there is someone out there who hasn't, I am putting my 2 cents in.

I became a Kiehl's Lip Balm believer when I took Accutane about 8 years ago. For those who don't know about about Accutane, it is serious stuff for severe acne. I had tried every lotion and cream both over the counter and prescribed and still my acne persisted. I was very tired of feeling like a perpetual freshman in high school and decided that I would give this a try. Accutane is indeed serious stuff with a list of side affects a mile long not the least of which is dryness that went beyond anything I had ever experienced. I searched for something that would take care of my lips and put a stop to the cracking and bleeding that would happen if they remained unprotected for more than an hour.

A friend pointed me to the Kiehl's counter in Neiman Marcus (the only place that carried it locally at the time) and my love affair with this balm was born.

Kiehl's Lip Balm comes in tubes and tubs (tube being my favorite for $7) and was the answer to my prayers. It is a thin layer of lovin' for lips with vitamin E, aloe, almond oil and sunscreen to keep lips protected and relieve chapping. It has a pleasant almond fragrance that is not cloying and although it may seem a little thin it really works.

Kiehl's recently added Lip Gloss ($14.50) to the lineup and the base of these glosses are very similar to my beloved Lip Balm #1 with apricot kernel oil and 10 colors to choose from. My picks are Pink Rider a cool pink with just a touch of gold shimmer and Berry 1851 a warmer berry shade with a bit of gold shimmer as well. These glosses combine the best moisturizing qualities of the balm with a wash of sheer color and are a must for any one's pucker.

No comments: