Monday, March 24, 2008

LaVanilla = LaLovely

I confess that I have a little problem with lotion. As a self identified makeup junkie I feel it is only fair to admit that I do hoard lotion and have to stop myself from buying more when there are a dozen tubes waiting to be used at home. I am always motivated to try because I want non-greasy, super moisturizing, pleasingly scented lotion. I assure you this is not such an easy combo to find and I usually find myself settling for 2 out of 3.

The first time I ever heard about La Vanilla was on HSN during their Sephora show. The perfumes were the focus along with the fact that they don't contain any petrochemicals, propylene glycol, mineral oil, etc and instead rely on natural and organic ingredients along with some antioxidants thrown in. I was really motivated to head on down to my local Sephora when body butters joined the line up!

Exposing both arms for testing I tried every last one. I sniffed and vacillated, sniffed and vacillated some more because I liked them all for different reasons. Here's the lineup:

Vanilla Blossom: freesia, lemon, rose, jasmine, orange blossom and a base of Madagascar vanilla.

Pure Vanilla: freesia, tonka bean, heliotrope and Madagascar vanilla.

Vanilla Grapefruit: grapefruit, bergamot, lime, cedar wood, heliotrope, and Madagascar vanilla.

Vanilla Coconut: coconut, tiare flower, heliotrope, sandalwood and Madagascar vanilla.

They were all scrumptious and I felt that I smelled good enough to eat! I also had to decide......or did I? The 3 Wishes set solved most of my dilemma (it included the first 3 Vanilla's for $28) and the sample of the Vanilla Coconut (from the nice Sephora lady) sealed the deal!

My favorite has become the Vanilla Grapefruit and my husband's pick is the Pure Vanilla. I am here to report it is the first time he has ever commented favorably on the fragrance of my lotion routine and if that isn't reason enough for you ladies, perhaps the shea and cocoa butters will do the trick!

No comments: