Monday, March 31, 2008

Baked Beauties by Laura Geller


I have tried a lot of the baked cosmetics out there and they have ranged from so disappointing I returned them (an extremely rare event for me) to superb! Instead of focusing on the losers I returned, I would like to direct your attention to the winners that I will purchase again gladly.

Laura Geller is the queen of the baked powder in my opinion and has a range of colors to suit everyone. From bronzers to blushes and eyeshadows too, I haven't found a bad one in the bunch.

My favs are:

Ethereal Rose is a pearly pink powder that is perfect as a sheer blush, highlighter over blush, eyeshadow or swept all over to give you some sheer color and glow.

Blush-N-Brighten comes in 5 shades and I own 2 but want them ALL! Roseberry is a divine rose, pink, coppery wonderland.

Bronze-N-Brighten is the only bronzer I am able to wear without looking like I have dirt smudged on my face. I have very fair skin and make a point of staying out of the sun, but when summer roles around I want a little sun kissed glow without the commitment of self tanner on my face. (am I the only one who doesn't like the idea self tanner on my face?)

I have visited the Laura Geller store in NYC and have high praise for the friendly and attentive staff and the place is any makeup junkie's playground. Sephora also carries most of this line and I can say with utter confidence that the silky texture and color of these baked beauties will not disappoint.

No comments: