Monday, March 2, 2009

La Vanila - Vanilla Lavender

I have a soft spot in my heart for La Vanila fragrances and body butters. There is just something about the yummy warm slightly foody scent of vanilla in general and La Vanila's creations in specific.

I am a closet fan of Vanilla Grapefruit but have never actually bought a bottle. I have purchased the body butters and the body wash and loved them both but for some reason I have never wanted to commit to a whole bottle of perfume.

I was very eager to sniff La Vanila's latest scent in Vanilla Lavender but after sniffing I could have waited....a long time.

I am sorry to report that this is just a turn in the wrong direction for La Vanila. I know that all fragrance preferences are subjective but this one is just yucky. The smell is somewhat old lady smelling and lacks the sweetness that all the other scents in this line have in common. It seems that the vanilla and lavender do not play well together.

You can get your paws on this for $56 but I strongly suggest sniffing and wearing it for a bit before purchasing.

No comments: