Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Here we come!

So 2009 has snuck up on me....ambushed me really! I was in my local Starbucks today and was wished a Happy New Year, only to realize that today is actually the eve of said year! Good grief, the time seems like it is on fast forward these days.

The holidays should have been ample warning but for some reason 2008 has been a bit of a blur to me.

I rarely make New Years resolutions as doing so only seems like an invitation to the fates to conspire against you. I don't mean that in a negative way but let's just say I have met with limited success when it comes to resolutions. I think we all know where I am coming from on this one and I offer the first few weeks of the new year in my gym as proof. January is a mad house with the cardio equipment being fought over by reluctant gym goers donning sweat pants dug out of the bottom drawer.

By mid-February I can exercise in peace again as most of those resolutions to go to the gym more regularly have fallen by the wayside. I too fall off the wagon at various times of the year so I don't want anyone thinking I am self righteous on this point. I HATE exercising but regard it as a necessary evil.

So I say to hell with resolution making and instead I hope and wish for 2009 that whatever will bring you happiness and contentment will come your way.

No comments: