Monday, January 12, 2009

Rock & Republic

Rock & Republic has introduced a relatively new line of cosmetics that I found at Neiman Marcus. I was a bit skeptical about what sort of makeup a company that is best known for denim would produce. My skepticism was unfounded after playing with the line today. Excuse the corniness coming your way....the line rocks!

Seriously the shadows are highly pigmented and the colors range from neutrals done perfectly to edgy color that rivals MAC and MUFE. It is a medium sized selection of eyeshadows now but the SA said they would grow and the initial color offering is fantastic.

The blushes are beautiful and I wanted every last one. I loved the glow in a lot of the shades but at $40 each I had to get selective.

The compacts are amazing and should all be refillable because they are just too nice to ever throw away. My first purchases were 2 of the lip glosses in Sexy Beast and Mistress. The gloss is not sticky at all and rather than getting its shine from the actual gloss (think MAC Lipglass) but instead the shine comes from the pigment in the gloss. The texture is actually pretty thin and can be built up for full color or quickly swiped for a sheer wash of color.

I highly recommend checking out this line for some great colors and super luxe packaging.

No comments: