Saturday, May 16, 2009

Covergirl Outlast Lipstain

I am a lipstain lover and skeptic all at the same time. I love the idea of staining lips especially under sheer glosses and lipsticks to give them added color and staying power.

The skeptic in me comes out because they can be tricky to apply and the texture is often heavy and slightly sticky unless you cover it with gloss or lipstick.

I have read many favorable reviews of the Covergirl Outlast Lipstain and even passed it at my local Target about a dozen times but I have never thrown one in the cart.

Today I was at Ulta, mainly there because I was bored and I can always entertain myself with makeup! Lo and behold there were those little pens beckoning to me and so I caved on 2.

I bought Everbloom Kiss and Teasing Blush for 8 bucks each. Teasing Blush was opened immediately and applied in the car so I could see if these would finally be the answer to my lipstain prayers. They were.

These are fantastic and for the price they can not be beat. Some folks have said that they dried out quickly but my lip pens are about 2 months old and are going strong.

Teasing Blush is a reddish pink and darker than I expected but I do like it a lot. Everbloom is a softer but brighter pink and very pretty as well. The color on these tubes can be deceptive so I recommend buying a bit lighter than you think the shade might be or be very light handed with your application and rub it in with your finger. The finger trick will help to sheer out the color nicely.

I found these for $8 and it was BOGO at the time at Ulta.

No comments: